We offer you
- Career in a world leading game developer
- Promotion based on excellence
- Performance based reward
- Recognition and reward program
- Birthday celebration
- Annual staff trip
- Annual health check
- Various in-door events
- Games and sport clubs
- Tons of team building activities
- Modern working facilities
- Game room: PS3, Xbox, Wii
- And so much more…
Game Economy Designer, Da Nang
Reference: Da Nang, Game Design
Department: Game Design
Location: Da Nang
A leading digital and social game publisher, Gameloft® has
established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000.
Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms and with an audience
of 157 million monthly users offers via Gameloft Advertising Solutions a
unique level of visibility and involvement to advertisers. Gameloft
operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order &
Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major
rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®,
Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®.
Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 6,000
people worldwide. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
Gameloft DAD Studio was established in 2010. After 6 years of development, we now have nearly 500 employees working in a modern building with splendid river view in Danang city, Vietnam.
DAD Studio took part in production of many famous Gameloft games worldwide including Modern Combat 5, My Little Pony, Ice Age Adventures, Asphalt Nitro, NOVA 3 ...We are looking for the next talents to join the game. It can be YOU!
As a Game Economy Designer, your responsibility is to understand how a game works as a service for its customers and project how customers behave. You are expected to improve each game’s financial performance by identifying and developing the purchase drivers in the game economy context. You will also provide constant data-driven recommendations on design, tuning and pricing.
To do this pre-release, you’re able to design the virtual products a game will offer, define metrics that allow you to individually measure their impact on a given title, and work closely with the development team to see designs refined and metrics implemented.
Once the game is launched, you’re able to analyze the collected data and report which are the performing/underperforming aspects of the game economic model, why, and provide solutions to Gameloft management.
- Defining virtual products and their statistics with the development team, and project how each change modifies game dynamics.
- Identifying the potential sale drivers for the different product categories in the game economy, defining the key points of exposure for those drivers.
- Balancing virtual products – identifying needs, relationships, life-cycle and streams of availability.
- Managing pricing – create specific price point roles and implement selling strategies for key consumers.
- Regularly providing user feedback and stat/price point tuning to the development team based on play-testing, both during game development and post-release.
- Analysing the evolution of defined metrics to spot both, monetization bottlenecks and facilitators, and suggest game design improvements or enhance the customer experience accordingly.
This is a position requiring a mix of strong economy and marketing knowledge with passion for analytical game design and the emerging free-to-play business model.
- Strong sensitivity to gameplay and game design, understanding how to build needs and emotions in the context of a game.
- Strong analytical and formal thinking, able to break problems down in their key variables and identify the relations between them.
- Strong econometrics skills, able to model problems into quantitative systems, and draw qualitative conclusions out of quantitative data.
- Statistic knowledge, able to formulate ratios and indexes specific to each game, identifying specific weaknesses and strengths in its economy design.
- Strong marketing knowledge, able to formulate adequate selling strategies to improve the financial performance.
- Understanding of client/server architecture and data collecting pipeline and mining
- > 1 year experience as Game Economy Designer or Game Balancer.
- Graduate degree in Game Design, Economics or BA, preferably specialized in Marketing or Strategic direction.
- Mastery of Excel.
- Deep, up-to-date knowledge of the free-to-play market, both web-based and on smartphones.
- Passion for games on all existing formats: board games, card games, sports, paper RPGs, gambling, all genres of videogames with special focus on MMOs and competitive games.
- Previous experience in econometrics / data mining.
- Previous experience as game designer, social designer or gambling designer.
And above all, motivation and a passion for video games!
*An assessment test will be sent to all suitable candidates
- Relocation support for overseas employees (plane tickets, visa fee, accommodation support)
- Lunch allowance, 13th month salary and semester bonus twice a year.
- Splendid river view from our office
- Amazing staff events around the year (Company trip, New Year Party, Women’s Day, Christmas, Gameloft Day...)
- Many sport/game/tech clubs for enthusiasts. A fully equipped game room with PS, Wii and Xbox Kinect.
- Soft-skill training internally and externally
- Be a part of a global team, work directly with your teammates from many places in the world
We can’t wait to find our next great talent!
Want to know more? Please visit our Website: www.gameloft-sea.com