We offer you
- Career in a world leading game developer
- Promotion based on excellence
- Performance based reward
- Recognition and reward program
- Birthday celebration
- Annual staff trip
- Annual health check
- Various in-door events
- Games and sport clubs
- Tons of team building activities
- Modern working facilities
- Game room: PS3, Xbox, Wii
- And so much more…
Senior Game Designer (Creation), Ho Chi Minh City
Reference: Ho Chi Minh City, Game Design
Department: Game Design
Location: Ho Chi Minh City
Are You Looking for a Great Place to Work?
Join the Game!
A leading digital and social game publisher, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms and with an audience of 157 million monthly users offers via Gameloft Advertising Solutions a unique level of visibility and involvement to advertisers. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 6,000 people worldwide. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
At Gameloft Ho Chi Minh, we always welcome the best talents, passionate people willing to change the way people are playing games.
If you wish to challenge yourself in a friendly and rewarding environment, “Join the game”!
- Strong passion and solid video games background
- Creative thinking skill to make new and epic Gameplay
- Solid knowledge and experience about Game Design especially Mobile Video Games
Wait no more ! Join us as Senior Game Designer in Gameloft Ho Chi Minh
Acting as Senior Game Designer, you will be responsible of all Game Design aspects in the creation of engaging casual games. Your main responsibilities are:
- Reviewing or evaluating competitive products, film, music, television, and other art forms to generate new Game Design ideas;
- Keeping abreast of game design technology and techniques, industry trends, or audience interests, reactions, and needs by participating in educational programs, attending meetings or workshops, or participating in professional organizations or conferences;
- Balancing and adjusting gameplay experiences in order to ensure the critical and commercial success of the products;
- Overseeing gameplay testing to ensure intended gaming experience and game adherence to original vision;
- Developing and maintaining design documentation with a high quality, including mechanics, story, menu flow, layout design, functional description and guidelines;
- Determining supplementary “virtual features”, such as currency, shop items, menu design, and audio direction.
- Defining Monetization and Retention strategies of the games;
- Creating gameplay test plans for internal test groups;
- Providing feedbacks to production staff regarding technical game qualities or adherence to original design;
- Mentoring Junior Game designer by providing them feedbacks regarding game design features;
- Creating Gameplay Prototypes and a database of Gameplay Concepts that could be used in the future:
- Conducting regular Design reviews throughout the game development process:
- Providing Game Design feedbacks to programmers and artists to ensure the final quality of the game: art quality, gameplay polish, and ergonomics:
- Checking and fixing the bugs related to Game Design or feedbacks from others stakeholders:
- Creating and managing documentation, production schedules, prototyping goals, and communication plans in collaboration with production staff
Coaching and Training
- Providing training, guidance, and necessary support to ensure the integration and job delivery of Junior Game Designers;
- Attending weekly meetings with all members to update the status and issues;
- Assisting Studio Lead Game Designer in making training materials to improve the team members’ skills and to drive them to the best commitment, work quality and performance.
- Reporting to SA2 Studio Lead Game Designer and Producer.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following skill set:
• At least five years of experience in a Game Designer role;
• Good understanding of the market and target audience of Mobile Video Games;
• Strong passion and solid video games background – knowledge about new market trends and retro gaming;
• Solid knowledge about Game Design including game mechanics, level design, and UI/UX;
• Great knowledge about Business models, monetization psychology and monetization strategy; Game Retention strategy
• Creative thinking skills and good storytelling ability to make new Gameplay and solve a diversity of game design issues every day, including but not limited to gameplay, level, interface…
• Extensive experience of balancing complex game systems;
• Basic programming knowledge to understand easily the scripts;
• Experience with game reward systems; and previous experience with an AAA title would be a +
• Basic drawing and 3D design skills ; good understanding of different Mobile Devices hardware and platforms, as well as the relevant software technologies and techniques;
• Great teamwork, easy to adapt to new environnent and ability to work under pressure with tight deadline
• Great problem solving, communication and presentation skills
• Meticulousness & quality oriented ; Flexibility of thinking and willing to accept positive feedbacks from others for improvement;
• Strong commitment to the final game result and to the company, willing to work hard to complete the task on-time;
Why Join the World of Gameloft?
- Because you want to be part of an exceptional experience within a company that is constantly growing!
- Because you want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers!
- Because you want to join a global company and meet great people around the world from all walks of life.
- Or, just because you’re looking for a great place to work!
What We Offer
- Benefits befitting a company of our size
- Annual health checkup for all employees, extra healthcare package for seniors upward
- A game room
- Various activities and teambuilding events
- An amazing river view from the best location in the city
- Competitive remuneration and relocation pacakge